Saturday, November 15, 2014

Smorgasbord Saturday: 2nd Week of NaBloPoMo


Photo by Roberto Kaplan
Monday’s post on Knowledge and Skills was interesting due to the wording of the prompt that day: "What knowledge do you have that others don't? Write a "how to" post about anything you've got skills for, small or large." I actually had a challenge answering that question, even though responses to my post were overwhelmingly in favour of me having tons of experience; perspective is a funny thing. Read more about it at http://xpressyouressence.blogspot.ca/2014/11/knowledge-and-skills.html.

Tuesday’s post on The 11th Hour of the 11th Day of the 11th Month was my attempt at paying tribute, albeit a small one, to Remembrance Day. However, I actually think I answered the question incorrectly! - "If you could permanently get rid of one worry, what would it be?" What do you think: did I answer okay? - http://xpressyouressence.blogspot.ca/2014/11/the-11th-hour-of-11th-day-of-11th-month.html

Wednesday’s post on Writer’s Block: Not! was in answer to the prompt, "Have you ever had extended writer's block? How long did it last? What did you do to break out of it, and do you have tips for other bloggers?" which appeared as if I had it, but I hadn’t. Find out why at http://xpressyouressence.blogspot.ca/2014/11/writers-block-not.html and let me know what you think.

Thursday’s post on Envy AND Kindness: What a Combo! was my aim at combining two prompts in one! One writing prompt from NaBloPoMo on a skill I admired in bloggers, "What is the one skill you see in other bloggers that you wish you had?" and World Kindness Day from Write Tribe Bloggers -
http://xpressyouressence.blogspot.ca/2014/11/envy-and-kindness-what-combo.html

Friday’s post on Aging Gracefully or Not: That is the Question! was an interesting theme from "Do you enjoy growing old or do you fight against it?" Perhaps because of the way I was feeling that day, for some reason or other, I only (managed to) focus on the negatives, hmmm... (http://xpressyouressence.blogspot.ca/2014/11/aging-gracefully-or-not-that-is-question.html)

What post would you most favour of mine this past week, and why?

Thank you again to all of you who read my posts and especially those who commented on my posts this past week.

4 comments:

  1. I found your Envy AND Kindness: What a Combo! post thoughtful and inspiring.And I can relate to the Writer’s Block: Not! post too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know Shilpa. I appreciate your feedback. :) <3

      Delete
  2. Elly, I have read all your posts(I do hope I have not missed any). I like all your posts. I appreciate the informal method that you adopt in your posts. I specially liked 11th day of the 11th...... very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you are such a sweetie Usha to have read all my posts this past week: thanks SO much! :) Thanks for the feedback too. I appreciate that also. :) <3

      Delete