Sunday, November 9, 2014

Soulful Sunday: Favourite Weekly Posts - Mine and Yours


Photo of me by Roberto Kaplan


Hello Readers,

I am leaving off where I continued this weekend series at my last blog post challenge, i.e., Ultra Blog Challenge in September.

It seems that the two favoured of my blog posts I wrote this past week were the following: November is National Novel Writing Month (http://www.xpressyouressence.blogspot.ca/2014/11/november-is-national-novel-writing-month.html), followed by my Thursday' post, Me? Professional Blogger? And You? - not a surprise there (http://www.xpressyouressence.blogspot.ca/2014/11/todays-post-is-nablopomo-prompt-with.html) and My Blogging Voice (http://www.xpressyouressence.blogspot.ca/2014/11/my-blogging-voice.html).

Speaking of surprise, I was rather taken aback about the lack of enthusiasm for my Post-Halloween Photos... post (http://www.xpressyouressence.blogspot.ca/2014/11/post-halloween-photos.html). And I'm glad I was able to empower/inspire someone by this posting, Writing when Emotional? Not! - still wonder about the title! - http://www.xpressyouressence.blogspot.ca/2014/11/writing-when-emotional-not.html.

What post would you most favour of mine this past week, and why? The feedback is good for me to learn to improve my writing and/or blog!

And my favourite posts that I read this past week, in no particular order:

Carol Graham's post, My Dog Can Talk, http://batteredhope.blogspot.ca/2014/11/my-dog-can-talk.html though sad is one you dog lovers in particular will appreciate!

Rajlakshmi wrote an amusing post, The curious case of Terrifying Typos, http://destinychildosheen.blogspot.ca/. It is a must read in my opinion, especially if you want a good chuckle!

Another fun read and great perspective, one posted by Nabanita, Dear Central Incisors, http://nabanita-blacknwhite.blogspot.ca/2014/11/dear-central-incisors.html#.VF9HbmeVZac.

Meena Menon - you aren't related to Usha Menon are you? ;) - wrote a fun post at Bingo Reading Challenge - An Update!: Take a look as I think you blogger/readers will enjoy it! ;) (http://meenasspace.blogspot.ca/2014/11/bingo-reading-challenge-update.html)

I appreciated Usha Menon's blog about pens, Where is my pen! - http://eccentricgrandmum.blogspot.ca/2014/11/where-is-my-pen.html

Suzy Que's creative post, Playing with Six Words and a Pot of Pretty Flowers: http://suzyspics.blogspot.ca/2014/11/playing-with-six-words-and-pot-of.html.

Eli Z's post - not because of her name! ;) - The World through Expat Eyes has a very interesting take on travelling to another country with a number of really great questions: http://expatliv.blogspot.ca/2014/11/the-world-through-expat-eyes.html.

It seems that the two favoured of my blog posts I wrote this past week were the following: November is National Novel Writing Month with a hit of 11 comments, followed by my Thursday' post, Me? Professional Blogger? And You? - not a surprise there with 10 comments and My Blogging Voice followed as a close second. Speaking of surprise, I was about the lack of enthusiasm for my Post-Halloween Photos... post which garnered only nine responses.

What post would you most favour of mine this past week, and why? The feedback is good for me to learn to improve my writing and/or blog!

Thank you again to all of you who read my posts and especially those who commented on my posts this past week.

23 comments:

  1. Sounds like quite a good haul of posts there, Elly. I am glad you do this each week. It's kind of a summary of nice posts for me to read. Hugs to you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, quite an assortment and collection of posts aren't they? ;) Enjoy reading them Shailaja! Hugs to you too ((Shailaja))! ;) <3

      Delete
  2. I will check out some of the posts you list here - yours and others. These days I try to blog once or twice a week only, so miss out on many posts. It is a good idea to compile several posts like this. Helpful for people like me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh great to know Beloo: thanks for the feedback! I am glad you find it helpful as sometimes I wonder if it's inundating people with too much info, i.e., posts. ;) <3

      Delete
  3. Thanks Elly...I like the one about your blogging voice most I guess..But then again I always like all your posts, they are so honest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Nabanita, and thanks for your feedback. I'd love for you to comment on that one too if you feel so inclined, of course! ;) I appreciate your comment. :) <3

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the mention Elly. I noted you in my post this morning as well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Carol: you deserve it! I love your posts whether they make me laugh or teary-eyed! ;) <3

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that's a nice thing to do. Read your pro blogger post and liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anmol: I think so too! ;) Glad you liked that post. :) <3

      Delete
  7. Thanks Elly for featuring my post <3. Enjoyed your "professional blogger" post. Now off to check out the others.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey this is a great idea - to list out your posts as well as some of your favourite reads. Let me go check your posts and come back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tulika, though the former idea came from an email from Kathy Hadley at the beginning of Ultra Blog Challenge. The latter was my idea on top of that one! ;) <3

      Delete
  9. I liked My Blogging Voice. It's very hard to give a reader an insight into your your mind and I think you do that well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good to know Francene, thanks for your feedback. I appreciate your comment. :) <3

      Delete
  10. Gosh your eyes are so beautiful :)
    Thank you so much for the mention ... that's very encouraging :D
    Talking of favorite posts, I actually loved your Halloween post the most. It was so different and quite scary too :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Raj! :) Your post deserved mentioning at least I thought, not only 'cause it was amusing as 'ell, but because it's such a common experience: easy to do! ;) I'm glad you enjoyed that one as I certainly did too - really? I scared you?! - including the dressing up on Halloween! ;) <3

      Delete
  11. U know ur post on Blogging voice is something tht hasnt yet left me! I keep going back to it in my mind.

    Am truly gla du enjoyed my post on Bingo challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your feedback Mina: I appreciate knowing that. And glad that it still resonates with you which makes me want to re-read it! ;) Yes, loved the Bingo idea! :) <3

      Delete
  12. Thank you Elly for mentioning my name. I feel privileged! Your idea of compiling the posts that you wrote and the ones you read and liked, is brilliant. I really like all your posts; it is difficult to say which one was the best.I appreciated the Halloween post. Through this post I knew a lot about the festival, which I was not aware earlier.
    BTW, you look very sweet in the photo above !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Usha! I loved the unique perspective you brought to the topic of a pen. :) And the idea of compiling posts was from Kathy Hadley near the beginning of Ultra Tribe Challenge, though I think the latter was mine in regards to posts that I enjoyed reading. Glad you enjoyed the Halloween post as I had fun with that one, and that you got to learn about it. ;) And yes, I love that photo and the ones by Roberto; however, I don't quite look like that anymore! ;) <3

      Delete