Thursday, July 23, 2015

Sunshine Blogger Award


A kind thanks to Aathira Jim for nominating my blog for the Sunshine Blogger Award on July 13th. (More about her below.)

According to one blogger, "The Sunshine Blogger Award is a way for bloggers to get to know each other and also get other bloggers to link to their website (very good for SEO!)" (That's 'search engine optimization' by the way.)

See the award rules below.

1. When did you join the blogging world? Did any incident/ person inspire you to do so?

In July 2010: Oh WOW! I forgot to celebrate my fifth blog anniversary! I was inspired to start my blog as I was attempting to initiate a children's co-creative choir. I thought if people google my name, they won't find me! So I thought I would share a bit about me and my choir-to-be (a bit) so people would get a sense of me.

2. What is the best lesson that Life has taught you, till now?

So many of course as I am still learning and re-learning. However, I would say to like, accept, and love myself. This after not one - I needed to really get the lesson! - but two almost "near-death" experiences at the hands of ex-boyfriends. Read a bit about the story here: http://xpressyouressence.blogspot.ca/2014/09/part-3-suicide-prevention-week.html and the lesson here: http://xpressyouressence.blogspot.ca/2014/09/part-2-suicide-prevention-week.html.

3. What is the role that blogging plays in your life?

Blogging is an outlet for me. Self-/expression is extremely important to me and creativity. Blogging allows me to do both. It also is a vehicle to write about anything and everything and not be censored; thus, I love this medium. I can write about issues that are dear to my heart or local community or worldwide events as I have on occasion.

4. What would you do if you have all the money in the world?

Sing, dance, play, read, write (three books: children's story, poetry, and part of my life story (to empower others), organic farming for three months at least...

5. Which is your all time favorite book that you can never get tired of reading?


The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time
by Mark Haddon.

It is a short read, but brilliantly written about an autistic boy's perspective ...don't wish to give it away now do I?!

6. Name a dream city or location that you want to visit someday and why.

There are several but I would say Alaska first and foremost. I would love to experience the pristine wilderness and see the phenomenol Northern Lights (or Aurora Borealis)

Photo from Pixabay

7. Share a hilarious incident of your life.

My two sisters, one brother (at the time), and I used to walk to the bookmobile. No libraries back then I guess! It was close to Christmas time and I was carrying a lot/heavy books. I was struggling to hold them at the same time that I kept rubbing against one side of my pants with my arm to keep my pants up: the waistband was loose. It fell just before I stepped into the bookmobile and Christmas tree vendors noticed and I felt so embarrassed. I was about eight or 10 at the time. It wasn't funny then of course, but now, yes of course! ;)

8. What are your thoughts about my blog?

Aathira writes on her blog titled, Bewitched by words: A place where I dream and let my fingers do the talking (http://awanderingmindofabookaholic.blogspot.ae/2015/07/sunshine-blogger-award.html).

I love your blog's title first of all Aathira. I love your play on words and the word "bewitched" with "witch" in it too! ;) I love the pictures you have on top as I see/collect heart-shaped objects, love chocolate, and books...and is that a reading nook to the far left? ;) I love how your blog is organized in categories on top and easy-to-read font - thank you! - and your profile under the "About Me" tab. And of course, your writings whether fiction or poetry.

Award Rules

1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Nominate some other bloggers for this award.
3. Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you have nominated.
4. Notify the bloggers you have nominated.

I'm nominating the bloggers below for this award (in alphabetical order):

1. Eloquent Mind
2. Parul Kashyap Thakur
3. Rajlakshmi H Boruah

Questions to nominees: no new questions. Just the ones that are mentioned above.

19 comments:

  1. Wow! Thank you so so much! You are super kind :)
    Congrats on the award and you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome Parul! :) You deserve the award too! And thanks! :) <3

      Delete
  2. Bravo! Congrats to you. Well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lux! :) Very sweet of you to say that. <3

      Delete
  3. you saw the northern lights!! wow that's my ultimate dream :D Congrats on the award and thank you for awarding me too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I WISH to see the northern lights Raj! ;) My ultimate dream too! ;) Thanks and you are very welcome. <3

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the award Elly! And it was nice knowing more about you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Soumya. :) I appreciate your comment. <3

      Delete
    2. Elly, heart congrats on winning the 'Sunshine' award.You deserve it!!

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    4. Thanks for your heartfelt words Usha. :) <3

      Delete
  5. congrats! you deserve every bit of the adulation! and it was great to know these little tidbits about you !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words. :) And yes, it certainly is a way to know more about me, isn't it? ;) <3

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the awards...looks like it's currently awards season in blogsphere! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sanch. :) I didn't realize, but possibly as I have been awarded two recently, this being one of them. ;) <3

      Delete