Saturday, November 22, 2014

Smorgasbord Saturday: 3rd Week of NaBloPoMo


Photo by Roberto Kaplan

Below is a review of my posts this past week which were a potpourri of topics - from controversial kindness from strangers to being (naturally) funny - not! - to helping feed a child in India for one year and writing a book to favourite appliacnes.

Posts of the Controversial Kind! posted on Monday, November 17 answered the prompt question: "What is the most controversial thing you've ever written on your blog? What compelled you to write it?" - http://www.xpressyouressence.blogspot.ca/2014/11/posts-of-controversial-kind.html. Self-explanatory!

From the Kindness of Strangers on Tuesday, November 18th was a blog that began from, "Tell us about one time that you benefitted from the kindness of strangers." I loved this theme as I had three stories to share, though two were of me being a recipient of kindness. Can you get what the other one was? ;)

Wednesday, November 19th’s post was my idea of merging two blog prompts into one: I barely mentioned one only to go into another, thus the title: NaBloPoMo Prompt to Feed a Child: Universal Children's Day ;) - http://www.xpressyouressence.blogspot.ca/2014/11/nablopomo-prompt-to-feed-child.html

The original prompt was actually as follows: "Are you the funny one in most groups? What kinds of things do you find funniest?" In one line: No, I tend to be serious, quiet, and contemplative generally; however, I do love to tease and have fun (though I have to feel comfortable/safe in order to do that). ;)

Books inside Me? on Thursday, November 20th was in answer to, "Do you have a book in you? Fact or fiction? Related to your blog or totally different?" (http://www.xpressyouressence.blogspot.ca/2014/11/books-inside-me.html)

Appliances: My Favourite?! http://www.xpressyouressence.blogspot.ca/2014/11/appliance-my-favourite.html was written from this prompt, "What is the one appliance you can't live without?" Otherwise, if I wasn’t so lazy/tired that day, I might have blogged about something else! ;)

What post would you most favour of mine this past week, and why?

Thank you again to all of you who read my posts and especially those who commented on my posts this past week.

10 comments:

  1. I loved the one on Christmas :) it is such a feel good post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love that one too. I'm so glad you enjoyed it Raj! :) <3

      Delete
  2. I loved your post 'kindness from a stranger'. All your posts are very inspiring. Thank you Elly for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that one was very touching wasn't it. I appreciate your kind words Usha: thank you! :) <3

      Delete
  3. I loved that you blogged for a fabulous initiative to eliminate classroom hunger. Did you link your blogpost to the Blogadda link?
    I am an appliance/gadget freak... love them a lot, so your post on Appliances is my fav too.
    And there's nothing like gifting kindness to strangers. All for it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shilpa, and initially I actually thought I had nothing to say on it, though very brief with an idea and not such a creative one at that. However, I felt it a good cause and it pulled at my heart strings. ;) And yes, I did link it. ;) I'm glad you enjoyed some of my other posts too: thanks for reading and commenting on them. :) <3

      Delete
  4. I like all your posts and you put such personal touches to them. The kindness post and the one about feeding children and the one about the book, all were great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks so much Inderpreet! That's so sweet of you to say that! :) Yes, I like those ones too! ;) <3

      Delete
  5. I have a lot of catching up to do in the blog reading department! Needless to say, it's been a rather busy week in my little world. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand Laurel, I truly do so no worries. And especially understandable given your week's circumstances! ;) <3

      Delete