Wednesday, November 26, 2014

A New Angle on 'You' or is that 'Me?' ;)


Photo from clipart

Today's interesting and unusual writing prompt is as follows, "Take a post or scene you've written and find a new way in by rewriting with another angle."

Well that's quite a challenge when you - or in this case I - have written quite a number of posts already! Which one do you, or in this case I, choose?! (Should that be ?! or !?) ;)

Tribute ... to You!, a post written on November 9, 2012 - http://www.xpressyouressence.blogspot.ca/2012/11/tribute-to-you.html - featured an inspired poem that came as a result of a relationship I had with an ex-boyfriend. I thought he was the beginning of a change in the men I seemed to choose, i.e., be in relationship with.

I'll repeat it here for your benefit. The original poem simply entitled "You" is as follows, though I’ve had several slightly different versions of the poem's ending:

You,
a perfect reflection of me
A reminder of my own glory
as I see [slight pause] your inner and outer beauty

You,
a mirror
of my thoughts
my feelings
my desires?

Oh, how I am in awe of you
and thus me as you

You,
who reflect that which is pure and deep
and light and love and happiness
within me

You,
whom I cherish with all my heart
my mind and spirit

Thank you,
thank you for being you
and all that which you are

God bless,
God bless you
and thus me
as our spirits intertwine*
and become one

WOW!
I am in love!
I am in love with life
with God
with you
and thus me

Again thank you,
thank you for being you
and all that which you are. ©

*intuitive movements with my hands here like a DNA/RNA spiral


So, on a slightly different angle, a different take or perspective, how about this:

Tribute ... to Me! Well, that sounds rather weird or the title would definitely need to be changed, to what I do not know, yet! ;)

Me,
a perfect reflection of you,
A reminder of your own glory
as you see [slight pause] my inner and outer beauty

Me,
a mirror
of your thoughts
your feelings
your desires?

Oh, how you are in awe of me
and thus you as me

Me,
who reflect that which is pure and deep
and light and love and happiness
within you

Me,
whom you cherish with all your heart
your mind and spirit

Thank me,
thank me for being me
and all that which I am

God bless,
God bless me
and thus you
as our spirits intertwine*
and become one

WOW!
You are in love!
You are in love with life
with God
with me
and thus you

Again thank me,
thank me for being me
and all that which I am. ©

*intuitive movements with my hands here like a DNA/RNA spiral


Ok, now be honest here, which version do you like better or better yet, which do you find most grabs your attention? Is more inspiring?

P.S. I ended up enjoying this post 'cause it gave me a brilliant idea if and when I publish this in future. And I need to remind myself to send it to a local singer so she can make it into a song! ;) <3

14 comments:

  1. We are what we see in others, isn't it Elly.. Perfect turnaround!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I like both Ell.... And love the thought process in both...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Inderpreet. Yes, I actually like them both equally as well, almost more the latter 'cause it's a twist, the reverse - a reflection - of the first! ;) <3

      Delete
  4. Sorry about that one. I meant poems. They both are beautiful. I do hate the typos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you write poetry also!! Both are brilliant, Elly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, though not for awhile actually. ;) I'm glad you love them both Usha! :) <3

      Delete
  6. Love both really, difficult to choose!
    It will be so cool to put a ring to this and make it into a song...I can imagine! :) Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is difficult to choose Aditi: I agree with you there. ;) Yes, it would be cool... ;) <3

      Delete
  7. I liked both the poems and loved the way you reflected on both the relationships. A song sounds so very cool! Go for it! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your words of encouragement Shilpa. I appreciate that very much. :) <3

      Delete