Wednesday, April 29, 2015

#A to Z Challenge: Y is for ... Yes! Yearning for Yourself!


Today's 'heart things, heart strings' theme for the letter Y in the A to Z challenge is Yearning or rather Yes! Yearning for Yourself! ;)

"Huh?!" you may ask or wonder, "What does that mean?!"

The google definition varies from mine as in "a feeling of intense longing for something" as a noun or "involving or expressing yearning" as an adjective.

Photo by Roberto Kaplan

Mine on the other hand is basically saying "yes" or rather a resounding "YES!" to yourself. (Writers can make up their own definitions can't they? I certainly do from time to time!) ;)

That is, you deserve to evolve, to learn and grow, to do better and become a better person, to fulfill your heart's desires. After all, isn't that what evolution is all about? ;)

There is an expression or did I make this one up - sometimes it's a blur! - you are either living or dying ... in every moment by the way! Such implications!

What do you (most) yearn for in your life, right now?

Reading Cat Graham's A to Z blog post on Young makes me think I could have - wish I did - write about being young-at-heart! Oh well! ;)

10 comments:

  1. Bang on, we deserve all the happiness and make the heart content. Congrats for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, for sure Ranveer! :) And my apologies, but I just discovered your posts as I couldn't find them prior when searching. ;) <3

      Delete
  2. This hit the spot with me, Elly. I am yearning for some quiet time! April has been an especially busy month and I've got a lot of reading to do in May - catching up on the A-Z posts. :)
    That said, well done on completing (we're a few whiskers away, aren't we) the A-Z and hope you're all settled in your new place. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, like you, I am too as I have had an especially busy month this month as well so I truly understand! Rest and don't feel you need to get caught up as it's hard to go back...takes time too! ;) <3

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the mention, Elly. Kind of you! Loved your yearning post. Such a great word. I love how your posts always sound so conversational as if we're sitting in a coffee shop with you and the mood is casual and fun.

    I'm yearning to find a way to make money using my passions and interests rather than be resigned to doing clerical, security or retail work. Haven't quite found that magical ingredient to make money at it as that always changes everything. I keep doing it all because I love doing it but I do still feel a yearning about it. I liked your idea of the photo book with poetry. I'm thinking of doing that for my own joy of creating it and if I could sell any, that would be wonderful but it can't be my only motivation as I've tried selling stuff before and it sure can be disappointing when no one even cares as they're so busy with their own agendas and are watching their money. Gee, what a rant. Sorry about that. Your yearning post touched a nerve, can you tell?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat. :) I prefer a conversational tone as it feels more personal and well, "readable." ;) I hope your yearning to write this book will be strong enough that you do consider it. Envision it as a success as I think it will be. I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it. <3

      Delete
  4. I am yearning for my son to be back from his boarding school. I am yearning to complete the pile load of work that is staring at me and that includes reading and commenting on blogs and responding to comments on my blog too! :|

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I hope you reunite with your son very soon Shilpa! :) And oh my, I can see how overwhelming a task that is to read and comment on all the blog posts you missed, though hope you have fun doing it! ;) <3

      Delete
  5. Right now I yearn for a long brisk hike in the nature....Feeling rain and wind and loosing my breath a bit ... Off I go! By the way: A good one for Y - Yes to oneself, Elly. To follow that inner voice and dare to just do it. Yes Yes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your yearning to go out in nature and the way you describe it Eli, so I say "Yes, YES!" to you! ;) <3

      Delete