Thursday, April 9, 2015

#A to Z Challenge: H is for Home


Today's 'heart things, heart strings' theme for the letter H in the A to Z challenge is Home. How can it not be? I just moved a little over a week ago! ;)

"Home is where the heart is" is a common expression that I find resonates with me as "There's no place like home," a line from the movie, 'The Wizard of Oz.' Isn't that true though?

Home ideally should be and feel like a haven or sanctuary from the storms of life, a place to put your feet up (if you choose) and just be.

My new home not only looks different (of course) from my previous one, but it feels a lot different too.

Though I miss the expansive patio at my old place, my new place has a sense of light and air and space and expansiveness. I think it may be because it is ground level and there are a number of windows bringing in natural light from three different directions!

Part of my new kitchen

It feels good, good to be here, good to be home, a place to relax, and be me!

How does your home feel? What do you most love about it?

While you’re here, check out my guest post, "Heart Strings" over at Blog-A-Rhythm, where the #AtoZChallenge theme is "BLOGGING BYTES." - https://blogarhythmblog.wordpress.com/ ... Thank you Shailaja and Blog-A-Rhythm for featuring me as a guest blogger today: It’s an honour to be guest-posting here for the annual April A to Z Blogging Challenge! Thanks for the opportunity!

19 comments:

  1. Good to know you found a good home. Give it some time and you will not miss the old place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the view from your kitchen. Nothing is more comfortable than a home, no matter how it looks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kitchen actually looks towards the home next door; however, there is a green tree/bush and the like that I can see from the window. I love having a window in the kitchen, especially over the sink! ;) <3

      Delete
  4. My home is indeed my sanctuary, my safe haven. Hope your move went well, Elly.
    *Shantala @ ShanayaTales*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear it Shanaya as ideally it "should" be that way! ;) And yes, thanks my move went well. :) <3

      Delete
  5. What a lovely post!
    And that view from the kitchen is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it! :) It's nice to see green out of every window and I have several! ;) <3

      Delete
  6. I miss the deck at my old house too. What I like about this house is the solarium where the south wall is all windows that look out on my wild front yard and the studio where I can hear the rain falling on the roof.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, understandable regarding the deck! ;) Your place sounds lovely Kristin. I too love the sound of rain on the rooftop! :) <3

      Delete
  7. I haven't truly understand this until I started living alone. Home is where you're most happy at. It's where you feel more yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is certainly the ideal. Glad to hear you enjoy your home too! :) <3

      Delete
  8. Yes, home is where your hearth is. That's how I feel:-) I love my view from the kitchen window:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, for sure Eli! :) I love that I can look out any window in my place - I have several facing three directions - looking onto green. :) <3

      Delete
  9. Home is the bestest part of the world for me. Love your kitchen and the view from it! May your new home brings lots of happiness and joy for you, Elly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there's no place like home! ;) Yes, I do too though there are some cupboards on the other side too! ;) Thanks for your well wishes Shilpa. :) <3

      Delete
  10. Glad you're liking the new place, Elly. Looks nice! ☺ The favourite thing about my home is the backyard - large and private- with a two-tier deck and a UV-Ray diffusing patio cover. It still lets in the light, but keeps it cool. Too bad our summers are so short!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Debbie. :) Yes, it looks nice and feels great too! ;) That patio cover sounds like a cool thing to have! (No pun intended1). ;) <3

      Delete