Friday, April 24, 2015

#A to Z Challenge: U is for ... Unique U!


Today's 'heart things, heart strings' theme for the letter U in the A to Z challenge is Unique U (or Unique You), as in you being unique and true to your unique, individual self! ;)

Consider this: there is NOT one single person on Earth out of more than 7 billion people(!) who is exactly like you! WOW! Isn't that stupendous?!

What does that feel like? Have you ever pondered that? Does that not make you feel like a star? ;)

YOU are as 'special' and unique as a star in a vast star-filled sky. There is NO ONE, absolutely no one like you at all in the world.

Clones are not exact replicas of human beings. Neither for that matter are identical twins.
"The cloning process would never produce an exact copy of the cloned person. Though an individual manufactured by cloning would posses the same genetic sequence as the person whose nucleus was used, other factors also substantially affect the development of an individual. ... non-genetic factors such as nutrition, home environment, education, economic situation, and culture add significantly to the development of personhood. Just as with animals, cloning humans will never produce exact copies."
(Source: http://www.councilforresponsiblegenetics.org/viewpage.aspx?pageId=106)




"Baa Baa Black Sheep" photo by me representing the first cloned sheep


"There is some misunderstanding about what constitutes a clone. A human clone would be the genetic identical twin, a generation or more younger, of the donor (not the surrogate mother) who provided the nucleus. But because people are more than a product of their genes, a clone would have its own personality, character, intelligence, and talents exactly as identical twins do (who are natural clones stemming from the same egg). You cannot clone a person's brain or mind, and chance factors, the environment, and a person's experiences contribute to individual traits." (Source: http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0193005.html)
Thus, you are here for a reason. You are meant to be here. But you already know that, right?

So tell me then, do you know your divine purpose or mission in life? Are you aware of your God-given gifts or talents? And how will you share them with the world from your heart, with all your heart?

Cyndi Lauper, a 1980's pop singer sang True Colors [American spelling] with words as in the picture to the right: "I see your true colors, and that's why I love you..."

What are YOUR true colours? [Canadian spelling] What makes YOU unique?

25 comments:

  1. We're all so unique. And that's a good thing. Contrary to what some people might say :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you 101%, okay 100% Sid! ;) I often say: "What a boring world this would be if we were all the same!" ;) Forgot to write that in my post! <3

      Delete
  2. Yes, everyone is unique and that's a good thing, otherwise the world would be so boring! ☺ I don't think about purpose or reason (pragmatic, not spiritual) and prefer to "just be". My true colours (damn right Canadian spelling!) are exposed all the time through my writing. Love that song by Cyndi Lauper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Debbie! I wrote in line to your words above, not realizing as I hadn't read your comments yet! Great minds do indeed think alike! (See my comment to Sid above yours.) ;) I think it's okay to "just be"...nothing wrong with that. And I love your true colours as I do sense it in your writing - thanks for sharing and being you AND true to you! :) <3

      Delete
    2. Quite a coincidence. ☺ I'm always open and honest; a trait we obviously share, Elly.

      Delete
  3. I agree. We are all unique. I liked how you put it - *You are as special and unique as a star in a vast star-filled sky. :) I wrote about embracing our uniqueness too. :)
    *Shantala @ ShanayaTales*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked that line Shanaya (and I do too)! ;) Embracing one's uniqueness is truly important...will read...later. :) <3

      Delete
  4. Unique is good, sad though most people don't appreciate it.
    I like the idea of no two people being alike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just reminded me that I forgot to reference my funny conformity picture in my post on Questioning a few days ago! ;) Glad no one is like me: I wish to be an original! Don't you?! ;) <3

      Delete
  5. Inspiring post Elly. We all are unique and that's how it is meant to be. And yet on rough days, I end up wishing I was more like others :P Well-written.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks 'Eloquent Mind.' :) I hope on those rough days, you will come to the awareness of your beauty, what are the facets that make you as a precious gem shine? ;) <3

      Delete
  6. I enjoyed your post, Elly! It was as unique as you are, Girl! Yes, it's important to remember we're all unique and special and here for a reason. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat, albeit I did use some others' works (words). ;) I have a sense you don't need a reminder Cat 'cause I see you share a lot of your uniqueness in your posts through your writing, particularly with your poems and photos of nature, especially birds. :) You bring beauty and aesthetics to the world in doing so and I SO appreciate that! :) <3

      Delete
  7. An uplifting post. We are unique yet so similar and that's why the world is such a beautiful place to live:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ranveer, I am glad you enjoyed it! :) Yes, unique yet similar and so colourful a world, don't you think?! ;) <3

      Delete
  8. That is so inspiring Elly! Love it:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eli! :) I think we are all meant to be with our uniqueness too! ;) <3

      Delete
  9. ELLY.THIS IS A BEAUTIFUL WRITE UP. YES WE ARE ALL UNIQUE IN AWAY.ILOVED READING THIS UNIQU E POST.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you enjoyed reading it Usha. :) Love your unique way of writing haiku and the love that comes through in your posts! <3

      Delete
  10. I don't know the purpose, I guess it's as simple as live and let live :) We all are unique and still we try to copy others. Very inspiring post Elly.
    The whole cloning process is so intriguing. It would be like living in a science fiction movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was referring to your purpose - everyone who is bringing their uniqueness to this planet. :) I think yours has to do with yoga and travelling...humm, a travelling yogi who inspires others to do yoga in nature, at the beach/sea and encapsulates those experiences into beautiful photos! :) Yes, cloning does seem very sci fi! ;) <3

      Delete
  11. When you put it that way Elly, we are indeed quite special. I think when we pursue what brings us joy, that leads to our purpose on earth. Haven't worked out mine yet, but I guess, that path will unfold in its own way and in its own time. Good post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes as special as the stars in the night sky...and I love looking at them when the sky is clear enough! :) I would imagine your purpose in part may possibly have to do with writing poetry in whatever form(s) as they seem to be inspired for you from what I've read. And poetry inspires, uplifts, encourages, strengthens, and heals people...that's why there is poetry therapy! (You read my post on P for poetry which refers to that!) ;) <3

      Delete
  12. I agree to that..we are all so unique..so different..and all of us have been sent to fulfil a purpose. Beautiful Post Elly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes like pieces of a puzzle or the like! ;) Thanks Parul. :) <3

      Delete