Thursday, April 16, 2015

#A to Z Challenge: N is for ... Normality? NO! Non-conformity!


Today's 'heart things, heart strings' theme for the letter N in the A to Z challenge is Normality.

I could write about
nurturing oneself as that is important in terms of self-love and is heart-related. I was also playing around with neatness thinking "cleanliness is next to Godliness," but what else could I say?

Instead I chose an unusual word today, an anomaly. Normality means "being within certain limits that define the range of normal functioning." Another word for it may be conformity.

Source of picture below right: http://www.worldinconversation.org/2011/01/30/conf...

Now doesn't that feel safe and comfortable? And though that may (or may not) be heartfelt, isn't that (rather) boring?!

Actually, that is boring! So, I'm changing it (now) to Non-conformity! After all, the ones who change the world for the better are non-conformists, aren't they?

Thus I am going to challenge you to go outside those limits, your limits, and expand your comfort zone.

That is where growth, self-growth and self-confidence occurs and the like. Now, doesn't that feel heart-expanding?

How are you different, an anomaly? Clue: think of what others say about you or how you describe yourself. How does this make you feel?

Photo of me goofing off with a statue by Roberto Kaplan

24 comments:

  1. It isn't easy to go out of comfort zone but sometimes, that is exactly is what we should do to grow :)

    New Moon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly not easy which is why it's called "comfort" zone! ;) However, growth is outside that! ;) <3

      Delete
  2. It always helps to stretch out of one's limits. I find easy routine too boring and challenges quite exciting. Interesting post Elly <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it helps to stretch us as individuals and human beings! :) And that's why we need challenges for sure: to overcome boredom! ;) <3

      Delete
  3. YES! I believe in pushing your comfort zone. Can be scary - but i think more people regret that they didn't than those who dared- and did-- follow your derams wherever they lead - I say. Great post Elly:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eli. :) It certainly can be scary at times, but then isn't FEAR (False Evidence Appearing Real) anyway? ;) <3

      Delete
  4. Exactly, I was always happy being in my own comfort zone, my space. Until recently when I decided to shed all the inhibitions and to just get out! :) Great post, Elly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear that as I am sure you grew tons! ;) Thanks! :) <3

      Delete
  5. Now and then it's good to go outside your comfort zone, Helps you grow. Love the pic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure Suzy as all the time would be a bit extreme: a happy medium is perfect! ;) Thanks! :) <3

      Delete
  6. Only when you get out of the comfort zone, life begins! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Non conformists teach us to view the world from a different angle.
    Enjoyed reading your post.
    Do stop by...
    http://blog.shinekapoor.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Non-conformists sure do that, don't they?! ;) Thanks for stopping by! :) <3

      Delete
  8. Oh yes, I agree. We all need to expand our comfort zones and broaden our horizons.
    *Shantala @ ShanayaTales*

    ReplyDelete
  9. That quote with the picture was fun. Totally agree - shake up the comfort zone and look beyond. Something that I am doing right now with my career. Hoping it goes well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :) Yes, I couldn't resist posting the picture with the quote especially! ;) I hope you are able to enjoy expanding your comfort zone in your career Parul...all the best! :) <3

      Delete
  10. hahaha I so love that picture. Being a non conformist is so much adventurous ... and I love being that :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, that picture was too hard to resist NOT posting! hahaha ;) Yes, it certainly is being adventurous as I am sure you know with all your travels! :) <3

      Delete
  11. Great post, Elly! ☺ I'm a non-conformist from waaay back and it's the best way to be. No sheep here. Baaaaa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you seem like one with your hippie ways and I love that about you Debbie! :) <3

      Delete
  12. We feel safe in our comfort zones. But only when we do different than the normal and ordinary, we truly live!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes safe is the operative word for sure! ;) And stepping beyond that is for sure when we truly live! Thanks for sharing Shilpa! :) <3

      Delete