Tuesday, April 7, 2015

#A to Z Challenge: F is for ... Feelings


Today's 'heart things, heart strings' theme for the letter F in the A to Z challenge is Feelings. (It was going to be "FUN!" because when you have fun, your heart is open, expansive, and you may even glow!)

As there seems to be general confusion between emotion (see yesterday's post) and feelings, I consulted google: Feeling is "an emotional state or reaction." Now that doesn't help much does it?!

Karla McLaren, social science researcher, describes a feeling as: "...your conscious awareness of the emotion itself."

Check out this site for greater clarity (http://www.6seconds.org/2015/01/02/emotion-feeling-mood/).

How does all this relate to my theme of 'heart things, heart strings?' Feelings come from the heart, though they come from the gut too.

Did you know that both the heart and the gut are considered a type of brain? Truly, they are. Science has proven it.

How do you feel today, right now?

Picture source: Pinterest

10 comments:

  1. I feel exhausted right now. How do you feel, Eli?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Similar with my recent move and SO much to do Vinitha. Not sleeping as well - early mornings, late nights - yes, that adds up to fatigue! ;) Are you finding the A to Z exhausting 'cause I find it does take some time.... ;) <3

      Delete
  2. I feel...umm...famished for something sweet...a dessert maybe. My taste buds talk to my heart all the time and bring out these feelings ;) <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel happy:-) I have been blog&comment jumping and feel so happy to be part of this intense and inspiring blogosphere- including connecting with you and your enjoyable posts:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you feel happy Eli: how wonderful! :) I find my A to Z blog posts not as exciting as my other (general) ones actually...perhaps it's just me... Thanks for the compliment though! ;) <3

      Delete
  4. I feel happy as well~with all the blog hopping and commenting, it's absolute fun :) Good post, Elly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and I am glad you are enjoying the A to Z challenge! :) <3

      Delete
  5. Overwhelmed!! I am back home after 5 days and leaving again after 4 days, have to write posts from K to Z in the next few days plus I have to visit the kind folks who left comments on my blog and then respond to comments too! So much of work and so less time! *SIGH*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You certainly have every reason to feel overwhelmed Shilpa! Perhaps set yourself more tangible goals, rather than seemingly insurmountable ones! ;) <3

      Delete