This obviously is a two-part question though related or can be.
What I love to do to make others happy is any of the following in no particular order:
1) Teasing others (with words) in a harmless jestful way, not using jokes though as I cannot seem to ever recall them. It is imperative that I feel comfortable with a person or group of people in order to do this. This is really important as I need to know that the person(s) know that I am teasing them.
2) Being of service to others which usually makes them happy. I have this 'helping' magnet inside me it seems.
3) Sharing information and/or resources which is what I am naturally good at and enjoy doing for others.
4) Supporting others through words of encouragement. Now if only I can use those same words more often on me! ;)
Think of this latter point (or me for that matter) in terms like a cheerleader for her sporting team. I am like that: the "Rah-Rah!" cheerer!
Words like "You go girl!" (though I rarely ever use the word "girl" to a woman) may escape my mouth. I'm much more inclined, rather, to say something along the lines of, "Go for it! You can do it!" and now that I think of it, do I ever offer my help (as in "Let me know how I can support you")? Hmmm...that seems rather ironic considering what I said above!
In terms of the second part of the question above, in how I make myself happy, there are many ways. My interests vary and span a wide sector, though are mainly in the creative and expressive arts arenas:
1) Singing whether in choir - two this season - or at home to CDs of pop music OR chanting in Sanskrit with accompanying music in the background.
2) Dancing creatively at events or at home ... haven't done that too much this past year or so due to my foot and knee injuries.
3) Writing, another form of self-expression to me in the form of this blog at the moment.
4) Reading books, non-fiction and fiction; I enjoy both for different reasons.
5) Giving energy healing because when I give, I also receive, though that isn't my primary aim.
6) Walking in nature, and while doing so, preferably touching and/or hugging trees, smelling flowers and the like.
So I have an idea! Let's paint the town red! You do what makes you happy, and I'll do what makes me happy. What do you say to that?! ;)
How do you uplift others and yourself?
Today's blog prompts are by NaBloPoMo and by Sulekha Rawat who inspired Blog-A-Rhythm's blog prompt for Wordy Wednesday.