Today I wish to pay gratitude, including for my Mom - see my post last year on this (http://xpressyouressence.blogspot.ca/2013/05/tribute-to-mothers-and-mothers.html) - and mothers in general.
I am grateful for (in no particular order):
* A warm and mostly sunshiney weekend (Mother's Day seems to be usually sunny or partly sunny)
* Visiting a local church with my landlady and listening to a song-filled service from the youth choir - a major delight - whose choir conductor I know from a community choir he used to conduct
* A luncheon at the church after the service and being treated by my landlady (I feel I should be treating her as she is a mother!)
* Volunteering for a community gospel choir at the same church with The Marcus Mosely Chorale with David Steele as a fun special guest
* In between the luncheon and the afternoon concert, being able to visit the nearby library and draft this blog post and check my emails
* Free outdoor music at a local farmer's market with a great band
* Farmer's markets and several on the North Shore
* Food trucks at the farmer's market
* A shoe sale this weekend for comfy, good quality shoes
* A $5 discount towards a purchase at a bookstore
* Second-hand clothes for half-price like $4 jeans that fit and are good quality
* My mother who gave birth to me
* Not being a mother (as weird as that may sound) - kudos to all mothers! - except for a brief stint with an adopted cat years ago. Though I love children, I just do not desire that role/responsibility in life, plus I never heard or felt the biological clock ticking. My life purpose/mission is more a pull for me than being a mother.
Ok, so tell me, what's on your gratitude list today?