Today's gratitude list is on the theme of family, long weekends, and wildlife. As usual, in no particular order:
* Long weekends (Victoria Day weekend)
* Opportunity to visit family members
* Vacation days - one as a travel day
* Balmy spring weather
* My nephew picking me up at the ferry
* A warm dinner awaiting us when we arrived
* Telephone chats with a sister and a niece
* A nice long walk in nature
* Seeing two rabbits a short distance apart
* Heading homebound with my nephew
* Smooth sailing on the road as hardly any traffic to the ferry
* Seeing a deer run across the highway enroute to catch the ferry
* A relaxing quiet ferry ride as not as busy with the early ferry
* Time for a little nap as I woke up early to catch the first ferry out
* Airing laundry outside: it dries so fast and smells so fresh!
* Meeting a girlfriend whom I haven't seen in awhile
* A nutritious home-cooked meal
And though I saw some wildlife - bunnies and deer - there was also an opportunity to see peacocks outside the grounds of Royal Roads University not to mention a pod of whales enroute to Victoria and a dolphin leaving Victoria (though I didn't see them unfortunately).
This is my list for just the weekend! What does yours look like?