Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Wordy Wednesday: The Tomato Family


Today's picture prompt was submitted by B-A-R (Blog-A-Rhythm) member, Aparna George who blogs about being a parent and learning to live in the moment: http://apster.blogspot.in/.

How appropriate! My immediate thought of this photo was Tomato family. I kid you not! And yes, I am writing this impromptu!
**************************************************************************************
It was time. Yes, time for Tomato family to get their weekly photo taken. I know, I know it sounds silly, but hey wait a minute, let me explain.

You see the upcoming fair is coming to town and there are prizes to be awarded. And this includes tomatoes. But wait a minute, NOT just tomatoes. These here are heirloom tomatoes!

Meanwhile preparing for the shot, Ma Tomato was becoming quite hot and flustered, thus looking rather red and ripe, more so than Pa Tomato beside her and other members of her family: four grownup children and two young stepchildren, babies in fact. They sure were a sight for the eyes as they were such a large family!

However, would they be a sight for the judges in a few weeks time? That was the question!



I am linking this to Wordy Wednesday at Blog-A-Rhythm (https://blogarhythmblog.wordpress.com/2015/05/27/wordy-wednesday-2-may-2015-pictureprompt/).

33 comments:

  1. Cute tomato family. Nice one Elly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! That was cute.. Family photo time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elly, i also found the the two small ones very cute.Well Written

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Usha. :) I appreciate that you enjoyed reading it. :) <3

      Delete
  4. What a cute take on the prompt, Elly! You've inspired me to try and write something about tomatoes now, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat. :) And I'm glad I inspired you! ;) <3

      Delete
  5. I certainly hope they find some fans at the fair :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Vinay, me too! Well, I mean the tomatoes! ;) <3

      Delete
  6. That was such a cute story, Elly! Picture time for the Tomato family..:))

    ReplyDelete
  7. hehehe such a cute story. I would have sprinkled some salt and taken a bite :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I made you chuckle (by the sounds of it) Raj! ;) Not ripe yet to eat them yet though! ;) <3

      Delete
  8. What a prize winning family photo!! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think they certainly are and I sure do hope the judges will think likewise, at least for orderliness! ;) Thanks! :) <3

      Delete
  9. Loved the tomato family and your take on the prompt Elly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aparna. :) I thought it amusing that I based it on 'family' and an impromptu post when I discovered you write about parenting and being in the moment! ;) <3

      Delete
  10. Haha, Pa Tomato sure looks timid in front of the Mrs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, he sure does with the Mrs being a bit ...um, larger! ;) <3

      Delete
  11. Aww...such a sweet story! I'm sure Ma Tomato and Pa Tomato grabbed that prize for their cute tangy family ;) What a creative take on the prompt Elly?! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww...such a sweet story! I'm sure Ma Tomato and Pa Tomato grabbed that prize for their cute tangy family ;) What a creative take on the prompt Elly?! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vinnie. I'm glad you enjoyed my creative take. :) I sure hope they grabbed the prize...they certainly are cute aren't they? ;) <3

      Delete
  13. Wow..heirloom tomatoes! I loved the idea of a family pic. Hope they win the contest ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, go figure eh! It surprised me too, but that's what came out! ;) I sure hope they do too Uma! ;) <3

      Delete
  14. Awww so cute! Awesome idea! - Sfurti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I thought so too! ;) Glad you liked it Sfurti. :) <3

      Delete
  15. Aww, this was a very adorable take on the prompt, Elly! Ma and Pa must be concerned, for sure ;) Hope they all are ready in time for the fair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shailaja! :) Hope they make it in time too! ;) Your comments tickled me pink (not red)! ;) <3

      Delete
  16. Too cute and funny Elly! Very imaginative, and I like your writing style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. I'm glad you enjoyed it! :) I sure had fun writing it! :) <3

      Delete