When I was informed by Usha Menon, a sweet elderly Indian woman who happens to be a prolofic blog writer, I was thrilled! Not just because this prestigious award (though a different look) was bestowed upon me last year (by her then too), but because it's great to know that people appreciate my blog writings.
Usha affectionately terms herself as "eccentric grandmum" as her blog site demonstrates. Her blog is named 'Kuch Khatta Kuch Meetha' seemingly after an Indian movie. She writes delightful haiku and imparts compassionate wisdom on her other blog posts.
I am grateful to have met her online - she is like a grandmother, to me too! - and, of course, to be honoured with such an award.
According to the guidelines (rules), you are supposed to write seven things about yourself. Here are mine:
1. I'm Dutch Canadian having been born in The Netherlands (also known as or nicknamed 'Holland' for short) and becoming a Canadian citizen as a young girl.
2. I was born a twin and am a surviving one, and middle child.
3. I consider myself a survivor having been close to death a few times in my life.
4. Apparently, I was left-handed as a child and was 'forced' to change to my right (wonder what would have happened if my left hand was my dominant one?)
5. Music has always been an important part of my life, though as I get older I love silence more (since we live in a relatively noisy world). I love a variety though I especially appreciate electronic for dancing, instrumental for relaxation, and devotional music for chanting.
6. I love to read non-fiction though I love to read great fiction - The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon is my favourite book or at least one of them. IF you read it, you will understand why!) and I wish I had more time or ahem, need to make more time.
7. I love to look at the sky, day and night, though especially the moon and stars...don't ask me why, I just do! ;)
And now, I am supposed to nominate bloggers whose blogs deserve the award. Usha already mentioned names, some of which I would have listed below otherwise. I will name those who are part of BAR (Blog-A-Rhythm) as I belong to two blogging groups, this one more actively than the other.
In no particular order then, actually I changed to alphabetically, I choose the following bloggers to receive this award. Drum roll please....
1. Cat Graham
2. Kathy Combs
3. Hema Anavatti
4. Nabanita Dhar
5. Nisha Sanjeev
6. Sanch LivingLife
7. Shailaja Vishwanath
Add the badge in your post.
And inform each one whom you have nominated for the award.
Thank you again dear Usha for this award nomination. I truly appreciate it. Namaste.