Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Wordy Wednesday: Shadows of Silence


Today's Wordy Wednesday - why do they call it that anyway? It's not supposed to be a "wordy" post! ;) - is brought to you by BlogARhythm member, writer, and blogger Rajlakshmi Boruah.

Rajlakshmi writes and photographs extensively about her travel adventures with brilliant coloured waters and skies, including gorgeous hued sunsets in particular. Her photos are a feast for the eyes - your eyes - with mouth-watering colours. Oh what can I say? Her photographs inspire poetry! ;)

I hope I serve(d) her well, that is, did her phrase justice! ;)

**************************************************************************************

It was a blinding day of hot sunshine striking on foreheads and pavements on the streets of France, Paris to be exact.

Suzette was to meet Jean-Pierre at 1 o'clock prompt at a particular sign (not to be mentioned here...shhhhh!) inside their favourite cafe.

After an afternoon brew of cappuccino in the cool-temperatured cafe, they would walk side by side, not hand-in-hand or arm-in-arm. Noooooooo!

They would saunter past a duck pond and sit purposefully, on what would later become their favourite bench, in a park facing a fountainous waterfall. Here they would whisper and giggle, and chat and laugh boisterously at their meanderings in their lives, the waterfall at times drowning out their words to the rest of the world.

After enough heat and excitement, they would catch a cab to their favourite "little hideaway," book a room for the rest of the afternoon ... And so it was that they lived their secret lives in the shadows of silence.


Note: This is still one of my early attempts at writing non-fiction. I just follow the words and see where they lead me. This was quite a surprise, even for me! Ooh la la! ;)

33 comments:

  1. That's quite a rendezvous! Very interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What would I give to go on such a romantic rendezvous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha...your reaction makes me laugh Shilpa! :) <3

      Delete
  3. Ohh Ell...That was very interesting ...When I was a child, I used to wish for a secret life like a secret agent or something... But then as I grew up reality dawned on me :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the 'Ohh" should actually be "Ooooh(!)" Naba and yes, even for me as it is not my usual style of writing; also being somewhat new to fiction! ;) Sure a difference between reality and fantasy: the latter is more fun, no? ;) <3

      Delete
  4. Not hand in hand or arm in arm? :D Loved the punch of humor added in this post along with the main story line elly :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it Swathi as did I in writing it! ;) <3

      Delete
  5. Ooo such a hush hush affair! Fun write Elly! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is and as much fun to write too Aditi! ;) <3

      Delete
  6. ooo I love their secret meeting :D what a brilliant post for the prompt :D
    And thank you so much for your words :D You are always so kind :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "ooo" is right! Thanks Raj! I'm glad you appreciated this writing, as much as I enjoy your splendid photos! :) <3

      Delete
  7. Sounds perfect. Some kind if forbidden love... I like this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was beautiful Elly! You should write more of fiction. Love the imagery you brought out here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vinnie! :) I'm not sure I would call it that; however, I think I understand where you are coming from saying that! ;) I think some prompts are more conducive to fiction like this one. ;) <3

      Delete
  9. Wow, Elly you have carved a lovely story. Very romantic! You must write fiction more often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Usha. I am glad you enjoyed reading it. :) I truly didn't think I had it in me to write fiction at all! I'm still relatively new to it! :) <3

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. 'Adorable?!' Wow! Thanks Vinitha! Glad you enjoyed it. ;) <3

      Delete
  11. Such an exciting, clandestine interlude! Well done, Elly.☺
    You asked why this feature is called "Wordy Wednesday". I believe it's a play on words for the well known "WordLESS Wednesday" event, where bloggers worldwide post images without words. This is the opposite of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed my story Debbie. :) And thanks for the explanation re. Wordy Wednesday: I wondered about that! ;) <3

      Delete
  12. Beautiful :) love your style, Elly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Asma. :) I just realized I do have a certain style with fiction. I may continue with it too, who knows? ;) <3

      Delete
  13. Nice attempt at fiction, Elly. Keep writing :) Liked the romantic theme which was etched very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shailaja! Your words mean a lot to me! :) I'm glad you enjoyed it! :) <3

      Delete
  14. I loved your last line....in the shadows of silence. Leaves it open for a sequel! Great job Elly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too Carol! ;) Ooh, I never imaged a sequel though! ..time will tell.... ;) <3

      Delete
  15. Like the way this story seems to be going, opening up so many possibilities. Hope you will expand on this one, Elly :) Lots of potential there. You should definitely do more fiction. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed reading my story Beloo, though I wasn't planning a sequel if that's what you are getting at! ;) I appreciate your compliment: thanks! :) <3

      Delete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A clandestine meeting very ooh la la.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly how I prefaced this on social media, i.e., with "ooh la la!" ;) <3

      Delete