Carrie Tripp, from her blog, Daily Musings nominated me for the Liebster Award yesterday, known in the western world as Giving Tuesday. Thank you Carrie! :)
You can read about her and her post yesterday at http://www.dailymusingsbycarrie.blogspot.ca/2014/12/ich-liebe-dich-and-award-too.html?showComment=1417586330904#c4140079930676445635.
There are some rules or guidelines to follow should you accept this award, but from what I have read, they vary:
*Link back to the blog from which you were nominated.
*Answer ten questions about yourself.
*Give ten new questions to your nominees.
*Nominate between five and ten new bloggers (some say 5, some say 10, your choice) [On an aside, 10 seems perhaps a bit too much, maybe get 'out of hand'.]
*Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by notifying them.
*Comment on this post when you are finished, so we can follow the trail.
My answers to Carrie's questions are italicized.
1. What inspired the first blog post you ever posted? Thanks for this question. My first blog post was inspired with the thought that if anyone googled my name, they would find out nothing about me as I was attempting to start an alternative children's/youth choir. A 'Call to Action' was acknowledgement to myself that I needed to take action and blogging in part was that first step as indicated by the picture I used. (Since I was new to blogging, my first two posts in particular were rather lengthy...ahem....oops!) ;)
2. If your life was a reality show, what would the theme song be? I can think of fairytales but no songs come to mind at the moment. Let me ponder this one as I do like this question...
3. Name your blogging hero. Why do they get that position? Though I could name other bloggers whose 'work' (writing) I admire - some whom I nominated the first time I won this award, including Penny McDaniel (whom you chose Carrie Tripp: wise choices!) - and particularly two based on their inspirational life story, I will instead nominate them as my first two nominees at the end.
Amy Bovaird, diagnosed with retinitis pigmentosa while still travelling, teaching, and later writing a book is a major inspirational hero in my eyes. And Carol Graham too whom has overcome such major adversities in life - seven (I believe) that would leave most people flat or dead. These women are 'fighters!' ;)
I also feel a bit of a hero, actually more of a survivor perhaps, in that I have been working hard at blogging as of late, especially the three months of daily blogging (in July, September, and November of this year) that I have undertaken thus far. Not only writing, reading/researching for my own posts, but also reading and commenting on other bloggers' posts, and those who comment on mine. It takes dedication AND time! ;)
4. If you could live anywhere other than where you currently reside, where would it be? This is an interesting question 'cause where I live feels most like 'home' for me and reminds me of Europe. I think down the road I would like to move to the interior of BC in Nelson, a town that is known for 'hippies' like myself at heart and art - hey that rhymes! ;) I think that I would feel most at home there. :)
5. What food best describes your personality? Two answers come to mind: pizza 'cause I love it and it's a mix of anything you want to put/throw onto it just like I am: a potpourri of ingredients or qualities... LOL ...and cookies...hard on the outside at times, but soft on the inside ...hmmm..or is that the other way around?! ;)
6. It makes me uncomfortable when __________ reads the articles I post. I'm not sure if my Dad reads them anymore, but I think he did at one time! ;)
7. What was the last news report you read/heard that gave you hope and inspired you about? A young boy who wanted to help the homeless due to something he witnessed, and also two young children - two girls(?) who protested against the potential pipeline on Burnaby Mountain in Burnaby, BC. I love these younger 'evolutionary' children who are being born of late: they are so sweet and generous and kind...wanting to help others whether people, animals, and/or the planet! :)
8. If you could do anything and KNEW you couldn’t fail, what would you do? ONLY one (1) thing?! SO many things come to mind, in no particular order: author, public speaker, choir director, conductor of an orchestra - ok, that last one is pure fantasy! ;)
9. Have you ever been a recipient of “pay it forward” ? Have you ever paid it forward? Which is better? Yes, I believe I have though have to think about the first question - these awards that I have won on my blog where you are encouraged to 'pay it foward' comes to mind. There may be other instances, but I cannot think of any other at the moment! I have paid it forward and I wrote a blog post, actually two, about that in fact: http://xpressyouressence.blogspot.ca/2014/11/from-kindness-of-strangers.html AND http://xpressyouressence.blogspot.ca/2012/02/pay-it-forwardwith-umbrella.html
Though receiving is always a pleasure, it is a great feeling to give as well, when it is sincere and comes from the heart. There is no lesser or better than...read my post today about that! ;) (http://www.xpressyouressence.blogspot.ca/2014/12/december-2nd-givingtuesday-national-day.html)
10. Christmas or Thanksgiving?This is a tough one for me as I sometimes have a challenge with Christmas having no partner and/or children; however, I do see my folks. I think Christmas is for kids and though there are wonderful qualities about Christmas, I do not like the consumerism. Other than that, I would say Christmas for the season of giving and love that is felt in the air generally-speaking...sometimes, I admit I can be a bit of a humbug due to loneliness I think. Though Thanksgiving is a wonderful tradition as well (which I also blogged about in October), in terms of a meal and giving thanks, I so long to donate my time to serve meals to those who are homeless.
10 Questions for My Nominees:
1. What inspired you to write a blog?
2. What inspires you in your writing?
3. Are there bloggers who inspire you or have inspired you? (3 names and/or blog sites)
4. How did these bloggers inspire you?
5. How would you describe your writing style?
6. Who is your ideal audience, i.e., reader of your blog?
7. What are your favourite types of books to read?
8. Do these books (#6) influence your writing/blog and if so, how?
9. Do you write about family/friends/pets? Directly or indrectly or both?
10.Who do you most admire and why?
I would like to nominate the following bloggers for the Liebster Award:
1. Amy Bovaird (for her humourous, poke-fun-at-self anecdotes with her limited vision)
2. Carol Graham (for her warm and compassionate stories based on her inspirational life)
3. Francene Stanley (for her true-to-life posts with such fascinating tidbits of info)
4. Lynn Ward (for her delicious, healthy organic recipes)
5. Amy Young Miller (for her fun amusing stories about farm-living with her two daughters)
6. Aathira Jim (for her wonderful poetic writing)
Nominees, remember to link back to this post in your post. Answer the 10 questions I gave you, nominate 5 to 10 bloggers, give them 10 new questions, and come back and comment on this post when you’re done. Congratulations and have fun!
Please take this as the compliment it is. You aren’t required to complete this process. However, when you do you are gaining readers for your blog and for everyone attached to this one. :)